Sunday, November 30, 2008
Friday, November 28, 2008
Father - thank you for good memories that linger, leaving a sweet and satisfying taste in the soul.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
122. Earthly reminders of heavenly glory (a star-studded sky)
123. A future hope and home in a heavenly city
124. I am complete in Christ, fully equipped to handle the stress of each day, even though I feel so inadequate, He is more than adequate
125. Daily grace
Monday, November 24, 2008
Meditate all day long.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Life is fluid, moving, ever changing
Each day, each week, each month, each year,
New opportunities, challenges to trust God.
I am stretched beyond my abilities, driven to draw near to God,
Being taught to rely on His unchanging, eternal nature.
"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and today, and forever." Hebrews 13:8
"I the Lord do not change..." Malachi 3:6
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17
I am thankful for:
101. Change, challenges that cause me to run to my Father God for wisdom and strength
102. Dear friends, we have so few who are there during the no matter what happens in our lives - thank you Duane and Diane for being there always
103. Peace of God when my earthly eyes see such unrighteousness flourishing
104. Worship music, exalting the Lord God and reminding me of His greatness and glory
105. The promise of a enduring city that is to come - "thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven"
Father - I am so glad that when I don't see or understand You are there and in control. Your plans and purposes will not fail and I can fully trust You. When all around in the world is in upheaval I can rest in Your peace.
(Photo Darling Daughter and Dear Son-in-love hiking shortly after they were married back in May 2008)
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
91. Firefighter Appreciation Day - Precious husband won a gift card - we really enjoyed the nightout!!
Monday, November 17, 2008
Saturday, November 15, 2008
And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character, and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. Romans 5:2b-5
Days of Thanks - Day Sixteen
I am thankful for:
81. Purpose in suffering
85. The Glory of GodFather - thank you that there is purpose in our suffering. Just as Jesus had purpose in His suffering, hope of the glory of God, you give us destiny in our suffering. Thank you that it is for your glory. Thank you for your love given us by the Holy Spirit, poured on us. In Jesus, Nancy
I am thankful for:
76. Sweet Lady girl
77. School days
78. Grammar lessons (I love words)
79. Bible lessons (God's word building character)
80. Science lessons-God's creation
In Jesus, Nancy
Friday, November 14, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Father - Thank you for a joyous afternoon spent together exploring rocks and trees and a quiet stream. Thank you for Precious Husband and children with which to enjoy the moments of life.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Today is a Scripture Only Sunday -
"Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever." Psalm 9:6
Father - thank You that Your kingdom lasts from beginning to end! That you are the Alpha and Omega, who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty God.
51. Sundays - days of rest and focus on His greatness - which should include every day as well. But I love that God created a day especially for us to stop and consider.
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Friday, November 7, 2008
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Monday, November 3, 2008